Effective Date: April 4, 2019
330 Avenue Medical Health PC d/b/a AposTherapy NY (“AposTherapy NY“, we or us) operates and/or provides the website located at www.AposTherapy.com
The information we collect on or through the Site and how we collect it
How we use and disclose the information we collect
Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two types of information (“Information“):
- “Personal Information” is information associated with or that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as name, email address, postal address, zip code or telephone number. Our definition of Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or modified so that it can no longer be used, whether alone or in combination with other information, to identify a specific individual.
- “General Information” is information about an individual’s online activity that, alone, cannot be used to identify him or her, such as browser type, operating system, domain name and the dates/times of Site access. website usage, traffic patterns, site performance and related statistics based on our tracking of your visits to the website
Personal Information and General Information may be linked together. Different types of General Information also may be linked together and, once linked, used to identify a unique individual.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
A visitor can access and browse our entire site at any time without providing any Personal Information. We do not collect information that would personally identify you unless you choose to provide it.
The Information collected and how we process it depends on how you use and access the Site.
a. Information that You Provide to Us:
You may provide us with your Personal Information when you contact us for help or information either by a contact form or by using our chat, sign up for newsletters or otherwise voluntarily supply your Personal Information to us. The information you will provide to us through the contact form will transfer into our CRM system. Both CRM system and the chat are complying with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
b. Information that We Collect When You Use the Site:
4. HOW DO WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY, RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK AND USE TARGETED ADVERTISING?
. A “cookie
” is a small text file placed in your web browser directory to store information about your use if the Site. A cookie may be either permanent or temporary. A temporary (or session) cookie is deleted when you close your web browser or turn off your computer. A permanent (or persistent) cookie is stored until deleted.
Cookies help to improve your experience on the Site by, for example, enabling the Site to recognize you when you return to the Site. Cookies placed in your web browser directory by us are called “first party cookies”. Cookies placed in your web browser directory by third parties are called “third party cookies”. A third-party cookie may recognize your computer both when it visits the Site and also when it visits other websites serviced by the same third party providing the cookie. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
b. “Do Not Track”
. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. The Help, Preferences or Tools settings (or similar menu option) on most major web browsers will explain how to enable or disable the Do Not Track signal. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. For this reason, many websites and applications, including the Site, are not set up to interpret Do Not Track signals.
c. Targeted Advertising
. Cookies and other Tracking Technology assist us in understanding who is interested in our products and services and how to make our advertisements relevant. The practice of identifying and serving advertisements that we believe match a user’s interests is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “targeted advertising”. We use third-party vendors, including Google and DoubleClick, to display targeted advertising on websites across the Internet.
d. Opting Out
If you want to “opt out” of receiving targeted advertising, please visit Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page
and follow the instructions. Once you opt out, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer indicating that you do not want to receive targeted advertisements. If you delete cookies on your computer, you may need to opt out again. Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving targeted advertisements, you still may see advertisements from us but the advertisements you see will not be based on your particular interests.
In addition, please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Tracking Technology on the Site. When you “opt-out” of receiving targeted advertisements through one of the links above, we still may use Tracking Technology to collect information about your use of the Site, including for analytics and fraud prevention.
5. HOW DO WE PROCESS INFORMATION?
a. How We Use Information
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to operate, maintain and enhance the Site, including:
b. How We Disclose Information
- To present the Site and its content to you
- To send you information about Apos’ products and services, special offers, events or articles that we think will interest you;
- To generate statistical information about the advertisements we serve and the ways in which users interact with them;
- To develop profiles (using Tracking Technology) of users who interact with the advertisements we serve;
- To carry out our obligations and protect our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection;
- To protect the safety and security of users of the Site;
- To contact you following your request;
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide Information to us or to which you consent; and
- In any other way we may describe at the time you provide Information.
We may disclose Personal Information to:
- with your consent to a clinic that is relevant to you;
- third-party service and technology providers that assist us with our business operations, such as vendors that serve targeted advertising about us on other websites;
- enforce our agreements with the Site’s users or other third parties;
- protect rights of the Site’s users;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- law enforcement or governmental agencies to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for Information received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to comply with a law, rule or regulation that we believe applies to our operation of the Site; and
- to an acquirer of all or substantially all of Apos’ assets.
6. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
7. CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
The Site is designed and intended for adults. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect, store or use Personal Information about children under the age of 13. Please contact us at email@example.com
if you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information.
8. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California law permits residents of California to opt out of Apos’ disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to AposTherapy NY, 708 3rd Ave., 3rd Floor, Suite 300, New York, NY, 10017 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from Apos once per year, free of charge, a list of third parties (if any) to which Apos has disclosed Personal Information for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to: email@example.com
or by writing to AposTherapy NY, 708 3rd Ave., 3rd Floor, suite 300, New York, NY, 10017. Requests via telephone or facsimile will not be accepted. The email subject line or mailing envelope and the content of your request must include the phrase “California Privacy Rights,” and include your name, email address (if you would like to receive a response via email) or mailing address (if you would like to receive a response via postal mail).
9. PATIENT PRIVACY
for detailed information regarding how information about your past, present and future health care status may be used, accessed and disclosed by AposTherapy NY.
I hereby consent to AposTherapy NY contacting me to discuss any and all treatment options that I (or the person for which I am providing care and/or assistance) may have with AposTherapy. I further consent and acknowledge that this contact may be through mail, electronic mail or by telephone from AposTherapy, its agents and representatives including any physician or other health care professional working with or on behalf of AposTherapy. I consent to AposTherapy sharing with such health care professionals any and all necessary and appropriate patient healthcare information (PHI) needed for purposes of such health care professional’s determination of my treatment options with AposTherapy. I understand that I can withdraw this consent at any time and can notify AposTherapy of such withdrawal.
We follow generally accepted industry standards, including HIPAA and use technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security:
- We limit access to personal data about you to employees, contractors and agents who we believe reasonably need to meet that personal data. those individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural security measures and safeguards to reasonably protect personal data. Our servers and databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection.
- We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of personal data. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
- Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
or by mail at AposTherapy, 300 Park Avenue 12th Floor New York NY 10022